Ride your trail bike legally to ensure your safety and the safety of others and to ensure you do not create adverse impacts on your local community and environment.
The Tassie 10
Tassie Riding Rules to Keep Everyone Safe
1. Always wear a HELMET, BOOTS, GLOVES and GOGGLES and body covering clothing
2. Check your BRAKES, FUEL, OIL and WATER
3. Keep it quiet – check your MUFFLER and ride at least 500 metres from houses
4. Never ride ALONE – ride with someone who will look out for you
5. Don’t ride on roads without a LICENCE
6. Don’t ride on PUBLIC land – parks, footpaths, schools and sports grounds
7. Do ride on private land when you have PERMISSION from the owners
8. Always ride in the SAME DIRECTION
9. Join a CLUB – it will make you a better rider!
10. Have FUN!!!
The misuse of recreational vehicles and trail bikes should be referred to Tasmania Police. Call the police radio room on 131 444 or contact Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000 or via the website at http://www.crimestopperstas.com.au. Every report counts. You could be adding a piece to an existing puzzle, when you call and report the behaviour.
CAMBRIDGE RIDE PARK
Riders of all ages can ride dirt bikes legally at Cambridge Ride Park, a purpose built, family friendly facility.
Cambridge Ride Park is a safe place for people of all ages and skill levels to ride at a supervised venue. There are 5 different tracks, offering something for everyone – from first timers and beginner level, to expert level riders.
Location: 51 Cranston Parade, Cambridge, Hobart, 7170 (off the Hobart Airport Roundabout)
DIRT BIKE CLUBS
Other dirt bike clubs across Tasmania can be found in the following links:
RIDE TASMANIA SAFELY
Learn more about riding safe and legally in the brochure Ride Tasmania Safely.