There are rules and regulations with regard to the use of Personal Water Craft (PWC), often referred to as jet skis. Anyone operating a PWC must hold an endorsed Motor Boat Licence. To obtain a Motor Boat Licence you must attend a BoatSafe Practical Tuition course. To ride a PWC it is essential that you have an endorsement on your current Motor Boat Licence.

Further information can be accessed via the MAST website.

Matters relating to the misuse of these craft (eg. speeds and distance to shore) can be referred to Tasmania Police.

Please contact the police radio room on 13 1444. Police collect the information received by phone and can offer further guidance about how ongoing issues may be able to be addressed.