Take a leap and try some free outdoors group fitness!
Fitness in the Park is a free fitness program run in a variety of Council’s outdoor spaces throughout the year. Open to the whole community, the program provides a way for people to get active, improve their fitness, enjoy the great outdoors, and meet new people. During the daylight savings months, there are six sessions per week available to join in with. A reduced program is offered during the day in the cooler months.
The Summer program runs from 7 October to 3 April 2020. Download the Summer Program 2019-20
Group Fitness Sessions are for anyone… beginners, over 50s, mums and bubs, you name it! You can take it at your own level so come along and have a go!
- Sign a waiver for both Council and Energy
You can fill out the forms at the session OR print the forms, fill them out and bring them along.
- Participate in a verbal medical screen
- Wear laced training shoes
- Have a water bottle
- Wear hats and sun-block when necessary
- A towel or mat is handy for all sessions and a must for Beach Yoga
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Mums with bubs participating in sessions must have had at least six weeks since birth.
Due to our parks being refreshed throughout the year, meeting points may change, so please look for the flag on the day.
Bookings are not taken for the sessions, just come along!
All programmed sessions will run unless deemed unsafe due to extreme weather. If unsure, come along and see.
For more information contact: Community Development Officer, Suzanne Schulz on 6217 9599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org