Fitness in the Park is a free fitness program run in a variety of Council’s outdoor spaces throughout the year. Open to the whole community, the program provides a way for people to get active, improve their fitness, enjoy the great outdoors, and meet new people. During the daylight savings months, there are six sessions per week available to join in with. A reduced program is offered during the day in the cooler months, with a short break in between the programs.
Summer program starts 16 October 2017 and finishes 29 March 2018. For a printable outline of what we’ll be doing, click here.
Take a leap and try some free outdoors group fitness!
Group Fitness Sessions are for anyone… beginners, over 50s, mums and bubs, you name it! You can take it at your own level so come along and have a go!
- Sign a waiver
- Participate in a verbal medical screen
- Wear laced training shoes
- Have a water bottle
- Wear hats and sun-block when necessary
- A towel or mat is handy for all sessions and a must for Flexicore sessions
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Mums with bubs participating in sessions must have had at least six weeks since birth.
Due to our parks being refreshed throughout the year, meeting points may change, so please look for the flags on the day.
Bookings are not taken for the sessions, just come along!
All programmed sessions will run unless deemed unsafe due to extreme weather. If unsure, come along and see.
For more information contact: Community Development Officer, Suzanne Schulz on 6217 9597 or firstname.lastname@example.org