Fitness in the Park is a free fitness program run in Clarence’s public open spaces.
The program is open to the whole community and caters to a diverse range of fitness levels and mobilities. The sessions may include aerobic exercise, balance, body weight exercise, circuits, core strength, and walking – but these can be modified to individual need.
The winter program is currently running from 4 April to 29 September.
Tuesday: Simmons Park, Lindisfarne
Friday: Bellerive Beach Park
Sessions run from 9.30am – 10.30am.
There are no sessions on public holidays.
In summer, there are five sessions across the week.
Please follow health directives as instructed.
Please observe physical distancing and stay 1.5m apart.
Please do not attend if you are unwell or have any symptoms of illness.
Please practice good hygiene and use hand sanitiser.
- Sign a release form for both council and Energy Health – please print the forms, fill them out and bring them along to your first session.
- Participate in a verbal medical screen.
- Wear laced training shoes.
- Have a water bottle.
- Wear hats and sun-block when necessary.
- A towel or mat is handy for all sessions.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Mums with bubs participating in sessions must have had at least six weeks since birth.
Meeting Points: Due to our parks being refreshed throughout the year, meeting points may change, so please look for the flags on the day.
Bookings: Bookings are not taken for the sessions, just come along!
All programmed sessions will run unless deemed unsafe due to extreme weather. If unsure, come along and see if the program is going ahead.
For more information call 6217 9500 or email email@example.com.